Apr 9, 2010

SoCal Meteorologist Rankings - #7 Johnny Mountain


So here we are #7 and the first truly cheesy weatherman name. Who knows if Johnny's real last name is Mountain and if so why not be called John Mountain? But what I do know is that Johnny Mountain is cheesy. After some thought, I think if I were to become a weatherman I would opt for a name with more local relevance such as Jimbo Ocean or Jimmy Heatwave... Johnny Mountain seems better suited for a Denver based meteorologist.

I actually came pretty close to not including Johnny in these rankings as he has recently announced his retirement... I guess I will consider this my homage to a long illustrious career of forecasting the weather for us grateful Angeleno's. Johnny, no stranger to the tanning salon has always been well dressed, wearing a big smile, and has had above average energy which made him more than tolerable. The good and the bad of this is that the lovely Jackie Johnson and the annoying Josh Rubinstein will be picking up more air time. I really hope this "retirement" wasn't another wave of "restructuring" due to the slow economy. In any case... we salute you and your 30+ years of service to us Johnny... godspeed my friend and feel free to change your name back to something somewhat normal.

Knowledge and Professionalism: 7
Entertainment Value: 7
Appearance: 8
Total: 22

No comments: